There are 7 judged categories: Bed, Group, Wall, Art/Innovative, Miniature, Other and Youth. Any quilter may enter only one quilt per category. If more than one is entered in any category, only one may be judged. The others will be exhibited but not judged. All entries must have been finished in 2003, 2004 or 2005 and must be in excellent condition—clean and odor free. Quilts not meeting this requirement will not be accepted for judging or display. Any quilt having both hand and machine quilting will be judged in a machine quilted category. No kits or tied quilts.
All entries must have a 4" (10 cm) sleeve casing. If the width of the quilt exceeds 120" there must be a slit in the middle of the casing so that an extra support hook can be attached. A label, secured on the back, listing the name, address, and telephone number of the entrant is required. DO NOT use paper labels. A temporary fabric cover must be basted over every place where the quilter's name/location is displayed.
CASH AND RIBBON AWARDS
1. BED SIZE QUILTS - Quilt intended for use on a bed. Width 60" or more; length 80" or more.
2. GROUP QUILT - Any quilt that three or more people work on in the construction or finishing in any way.
3. WALL SIZE QUILTS - Quilt intended for display on a wall.
4. ART/INNOVATIVE - Quilts reflecting substantial deviation from traditional patterns and sets. Emphasis is on color, line and design. May be entrant's own design or original interpretation.
5. MINIATURE Pieced, appliquéd, or any combination of techniques constructed and quilted by one person. If blocks are used they should be no larger than 4" square. Quilts must measure less than 24" on each side. This category not determined by size alone; quilt must be a small version of a full sized quilt or wall hanging.
6. OTHER - Quilts constructed in a different technique or quilts constructed entirely by hand. Examples: Grandmother's Flower garden, Cathedral Window, Crazy Quilts and Whole Cloth Quilts. The entry does not necessarily have to be quilted.
7. YOUTH QUILTS Age requirement 16 and under. The quilt must be made entirely by the child; any technique may be used. No fee is required. All entries will receive a 'Ribbon of Participation.' Youth quilt category is a non-judged category and not eligible for cash prizes.
SHIPPING, RECEIVING, and RETURN
Shipped quilts must be received by February 1, 2006 and must be available for display at the Gulf Coast Quilt Expo, February 9, 10, & 11, 2006 at the Boardwalk Beach Resort, Panama City Beach, Florida. If a quilt is to be personally picked up from the Expo facility, the Gulf Coast Quilt Expo must be notified in writing prior to February 1, 2006. Checking the block on the entry form will be considered notification.
If the quilt is to be shipped to an address other than the one listed on this form, the Gulf Coast Quilt Expo must be notified in writing of the change prior to February 1, 2006. All foreign entries will be returned to their point of origin.
Prize winners will be notified within ten (10 ) business days. Viewers' Choice Award will be presented on Saturday afternoon, February 11, 2006.
QUILT ENTRY INFORMATION
A. To Enter - send COMPLETED ENTRY BLANK with a non-refundable ENTRY/RETURN FEE. The first 200 applicants received will be accepted in the competition. Current members of the SABQG delivering and picking up quilts are not subject to entry fees. These quilts must be delivered to 2522 Pretty Bayou Island Drive, Panama City, Florida on February 4, 2006. Shipped/mailed quilts will be accepted any time after official notification and prior to February 1, 2006
CLICK HERE for Printable Entry Application Form
© Copyright 2005 PRO-MARK, Inc. All rights reserved.